Healthy Macula Recipe
Poached Salmon, Grilled Asparagus and Poached Eggs
- 4 asparagus spears, woody stalks trimmed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200 gms poached salmon, flaked
- 2 poached eggs
- 25 gms parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/2 bunch chervil, leaves washed, picked and chopped
1.Pre-heat the oven to moderate, 180 degrees, Gas Mark 4.
2.Lightly blanch the asparagus for 4 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water.
3.Pre-heat the griddle plate until smoking. Coat the asparagus in olive oil, a little salt and pepper, and cook on griddle plate for 5 minutes.
4.Place the salmon on a tray and reheat in the oven for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
5.Arrange the asparagus on warmed plates and top with the salmon. Place the poached egg beside the salmon. Sprinkle the shaved parmesan over the egg, then sprinkle the chopped chervil over the entire dish and serve.
6.Notes: Use a vegetable peeler to shave the cheese. Chervil is not available all year round, especially in the warmer months, parsley is a perfect substitute.
– See more at: Macula Health Recipes